When/where: 7:30 p.m. today, Philips Arena
TV: Fox Sports Southeast
Stream: Fox Sports Go
Radio: 92.9 The Game
Injuries: Hawks—Ersan Ilyasova (knee) and Marco Belinelli (Achilles) are probable; Dennis Schroder (ankle) is questionable; DeAndre’ Bembry (wrist) and Milus Plumlee (quad) are out;
Nuggets—Juan Hernangomez (ill) is out.
What to watch for: The Hawks (1-4) are the only NBA team that has yet to play a home game this season. They’ve been away from Philips Arena as it undergoes the first phase of renovations. The Hawks won at Dallas to open the season but lost four straight to conclude their road trip.
The Hawks may get a boost from the return of Schroder, their starting point guard. He’s missed the past two games because of injury. Starting power forward Ilysasova also could return to the lineup after a two-game absence.
The Nuggets are projected to be a playoff contender in the West but they’ve lost three of four games with the lone victory at home vs. hapless Sacramento. They lost at Charlotte on Wednesday to begin a four-game trip against Eastern Conference opponents.
Paul Millsap will face the Hawks for the first time since signing with the Nuggets as a free agent.
I can’t think of any good reason why Hawks supporters would be mad at Millsap, who was a Hawks All-Star and team leader for four seasons. Millsap said he signed with the Nuggets after the Hawks didn’t offer him a contract, a development that he called “disappointing.”
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Bulls
- NBA draft lottery watch: Hawks move up (down) in projected standings
- WATCH: Hawks coach Budenholzer on rookie John Collins’ role
- New Hawks practice facility sparkles but will it really attract free agents?
- John Collins might be most productive rookie so far
- Hawks already facing ‘tough year’ of playing hard but losing
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Heat
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Nets
- WATCH: Hawks rookie John Collins on first game vs. Dwight Howard
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Hornets
- WATCH: Dwight Howard says ‘stupid’ to believe reports he was negative influence on Hawks
- Dennis Schroder puts on a good show for new-look Hawks
- Marco Belinelli ‘still not 100 percent’ but shows he can help Hawks
- WATCH: Hawks guard Josh Magette makes NBA debut at age 27
- Ten observations from Hawks victory at Mavs
- Hawks begin longest-ever trip to start season but opponents not fearsome
- Bettors back Hawks to exceed expectations