When/where: 7:30 p.m. today, McCamish Pavilion, Georgia Tech campus
TV: Fox Sports Southeast
Stream: Fox Sports Go
Radio: 92.9 The Game
Injuries: Hawks—None. Grizzlies— Marc Gasol (ankle) and Tyreke Evans (migraine) are probable.
What to watch for:
The Hawks play their first home exhibition game after three in a row on the road. This game and Thursday’s exhibition finale are at Georgia Tech as Philips Arena undergoes renovation.
Look for the Hawks to use the lineup that’s tentatively what coach Mike Budenholzer expects to be the same on opening night.
The Hawks are still fine-tuning their new offensive system.
“I think there is more space for guys to attack and get to the paint,” Budenholzer said today at shootaround. “That’s probably the biggest thing. I don’t think we are playing with the pace we need to, and the screening needs to improve offensively. I think they are still in the learning phase. We want to give then a lot of freedom and some randomness to the offense but you have to learn it first. Then when you learn it you can play it more freely and more random.
For the Grizzlies, wing Tyreke Evans and veteran center Marc Gasol are expected to play in their first exhibition game. Evans returned to the Grizzlies as a free agent looking to rejuvenate his career and has been out because of migraines. Gasol suffered a high ankle sprain while playing for the Spanish national team during the summer.
- Dewayne Dedmon (!) to shoot 3s as Hawks seek floor spacing
- Hawks waive John Jenkins, Jordan Matthews
- Can Hawks be fun to watch even if they don’t win many games?
- Five observations from Hawks victory at Cavs (exhibition)
- NBA GMs: Collins is draft ‘steal,’ Budenholzer among best game coaches
- The best Hawks lineup, for now and the future
- Dewayne Dedmon immediately shows he can help the Hawks
- Five observations from Hawks loss at Heat (exhibition)
- Dennis Schroder is arrested, and I wonder if he’s ready to lead Hawks
- Is Mike Budenholzer on board with Hawks rebuild?
- Will NBA draft lottery changes hurt Hawks?
- VIDEO: Hawks guard Belinelli says he’s fitting in fast with new team
- Now healthy, Hawks Bazemore ‘in love with the grind again’
- VIDEO: Hawks guard Schroder on leadership, featured role in offense
- VIDEO: Hawks coach Budenholzer on offensive tweaks
- Malcolm Delaney: ‘People didn’t understand everything I had to go through’
- Here are the details on Hawks contracts
- Hawks to ‘practice harder’ so they can play faster
- Hawks now are Schroder’s show
- ‘Greater pace, greater space’ for Hawks? Sounds good
- Hawks GM Travis Schlenk Q-and-A Part 2: ‘Excited’ about 2018 draft class
- Hawks GM Travis Schlenk Q-and-A: ‘We are going to be competitive’
- Five things to watch at Hawks training camp
- Hawks player preview: Dennis Schroder
- Hawks player preview: Taurean Prince
- Hawks player preview: Miles Plumlee
- Hawks player preview: Mike Muscala
- Hawks player preview: Ersan Ilyasova
- Hawks player preview: Tyler Dorsey
- Hawks player preview: Malcolm Delaney
- Hawks player preview: Dewayne Dedmon
- Hawks player preview: Quinn Cook
- Hawks player preview: John Collins
- Hawks player preview: Nicolas Brussino
- Hawks player preview: DeAndre’ Bembry
- Hawks player preview: Marco Belinelli
- Hawks player preview: Kent Bazemore
- Hawks player preview: Luke Babbitt