Game Thread: Budenholzer channels Belichick

110213 hawks JC9
View Caption Hide Caption
110213 hawks JC9

Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer said he is moving on after two straight controversial calls proved costly.

Mike Budenholzer is “moving on.”

The Hawks coach did not want to discuss the two controversial calls that cost his team two games – Wednesday versus the Spurs and Friday versus the Hornets.

I asked Budenholzer to describe, in general,  the recent frustrations with the officials.

“I think I’m moving on to tonight,” was all Budenholzer said.

Earlier this season, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick answered “We are moving on to Cincinnati” to seven different questions when asked about the team’s early season offensive troubles.

I asked Budenholzer how he planned to get the team to move on after the losses which have left the Hawks 1-3.

“It’s the great part about the NBA,” Budenholzer said. “We have another game tonight. We have to be prepared and get our energy and our focus where it belongs and that is on the game tonight.”

Budenholzer’s post-game press conference following the loss to the Hornets was brief. He did not specifically address the offensive foul called on Kyle Korver that resulted in a change of possession with less than three seconds remaining. Lance Stephenson then banked in a 3-pointer at the buzzer for a 121-119 victory. He did make his displeasure known, to no one in particular, while walking down the hallway following the briefing.


View Comments 0